Job Title: Campus Supervisor
Post Date: December 1, 2019
Position Type: Full-time
The Campus Supervisor is accountable for the effective daily operations and administration for their assigned school(s). The Campus Supervisor evaluates staff performance, provides regular coaching, training and development, and recognition to their teams to foster an engaged, high performing culture.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise, mentor and evaluate Teachers and Administrative staff performance at each campus, in adherence with School policies and guidelines.
- Generate work schedules for teaching and administrative staff at each campus, ensuring coverage at all times and appropriate teacher/student ratios.
- Develop course schedules for each term (Summer, Fall and Winter).
- Identify opportunities to improve school processes and programs.
- Contact students to finalize new semester course registration or to explore reasons for course withdrawals.
- Provide continuous, timely feedback to staff regarding performance.
- Ensure all requests and issues raised to the School by parents, students and other external customers are addressed in a manner that maintains positive relations.
- Resolve problems effectively in adherence with school guidelines.
- Communicate and administer School programs, policies and procedures to staff.
- Lead or participate in department, school and/or parent meetings.
- Train new staff and provide ongoing training to all staff as required.
- Supervise other school locations as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in Business Administration, Marketing, Administrative Studies or related field
- 1-2 years experience in a leadership position managing a large team
- Familiarity with the Ontario Elementary and Secondary School Curriculum
Skills and Abilities
- Fluency in English; and Cantonese or Mandarin
- Effective leadership and supervision related to school operations and administration
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation and training skills
- Ability to analyze problems and formulate solutions to develop policies, processes, and practices to result in improvements
- Exceptional customer service
- Ability to solve problems and mediate conflict, with a sense of urgency and sensitivity
- Proficient with technology tools including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel to other school locations
Behaviours and Standards
- Provide direct supervision and support to assigned school(s) on matters relating to school operations and administration in accordance with school standards
- Build open, respectful relationships with staff through transparent two-way feedback
- Provide ongoing recognition and coaching to drive the best staff performance and increase retention levels
- Support the performance evaluation and development planning process, documenting feedback and growth/development opportunities
- Provides recommendations to improve operational processes and programs
- Builds positive relationships with all customers (internal & external) through exceptional customer service
- Works independently and collaboratively to achieve results
- Attend work regularly and on-time
Note: all employees must provide an original, current (issued within the last six months) Police Vulnerable Sector Check from the police jurisdiction in which they reside, as a condition of hire and continued employment.
The Campus Supervisor reports to the Chief Coordinator. This position manages an assigned group of Teachers and Administrative staff located at multiple locations.
The Campus Supervisor works in their assigned School(s). Travel to other school locations is required for this position. Tools may include a computer, copier or phone.
The noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
Hours of work are generally 30-40 hours per week, scheduled over a 5-day work week which could include weekends. Work days/hours vary based on school requirements each term, with potential additional hours for training, staff meetings and during peak periods.
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described in this job description are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
If you think you meet the above requirements and would like to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment, please send your CV to email@example.com along with your cover letter and your availability.