Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Post Date: December 1, 2019
Position Type: Part-time
The Administrative Assistant provides support to all employees including management, teachers, students, parents and visitors by performing the School’s administrative activities. The Administrative Assistant must demonstrate professionalism and customer-service orientation, with strong attention to detail and accuracy as they manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform general clerical duties including photocopying, faxing and filing.
- Greet and assist visitors, addressing all inquiries, in person or by phone.
- Coordinate accurate, smooth and efficient overall day-to-day operation of the Registration and Administration functions. This includes the receipt of, and reconciliation of student payments.
- Prepare, administer and evaluate grade level assessments for prospective students. Recommend class assignments, based on assessment results.
- Administer course schedules and student registration activities, including:
- Compile information, verify and update timetables and calendar entries
- Maintain a current file of courses, calendars, programs, students and graduates
- Verify student information and maintain an efficient system for students’ accounts
- Collaborate with the campus supervisors on strategies to improve registration and administrative policies and procedures.
- Serve as a liaison between parents and teachers regarding student attendance, course registrations and withdrawals.
- Manage teacher and student attendance. Contact parents regarding student absences.
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized records and information filing systems. Generate reports as required.
- Order office supplies to ensure each staff member has the necessary materials.
- Other projects and related duties as assigned.
- Travel to other school locations on occasion.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education
- 1 year administrative experience, supporting internal and external customers
Skills and Abilities
- Fluency in English; and Cantonese or Mandarin
- Proficient with technology tools including Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Exceptional customer service
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational and time-management skills
- Strong attention to detail, to deliver quality outcomes
- Ability to travel to other school locations on occasion
Behaviours and Standards
- Build respectful and caring relationships with students
- Demonstrate professionalism and customer service orientation at all times with stakeholders (students, parents, colleagues, supervisors, etc.)
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with school leaders, colleagues and parents, to enhance the school’s reputation
- Complete assignments and projects accurately, on time
- Attend work regularly and on-time
- Work independently and manage confidentiality
Note: all employees must provide an original, current (issued within the last six months) Police Vulnerable Sector Check from the police jurisdiction in which they reside, as a condition of hire and continued employment.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Supervisor. There are no direct reports for this position.
The Administrative Assistant works in the School. Tools may include a computer, copier or phone.
The noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
Hours of work are generally up 24-hours per week for part-time employees and up to 36-hours per week for full-time employees. Days of work can include weekdays and weekends. Work days/hours vary based on school requirements each term, with potential additional hours for training, staff meetings and during peak periods.
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described in this job description are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
If you think you meet the above requirements and would like to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your cover letter and your availability.