Job Title: Teachers / Tutors
Locations: Markham, Richmond Hill, Scarborough
Post Date: December 1, 2019
Position Type: Part-time
The Teacher plans, organizes and delivers assigned course curriculum to engage and facilitate student learning and knowledge development. The Teacher demonstrates a commitment and passion to see students succeed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons, activities and tests in adherence with the School’s curriculum, technology and resources.
- Establish, clearly communicate and achieve objectives for each lesson.
- Employ appropriate teaching strategy based on student needs and abilities, to engage and motivate students, and optimize their learning.
- Promote progress, safety and well-being of all students.
- Manage student classroom behaviour, enforcing school rules and procedures.
- Assign and grade course work, homework, assignments, quizzes, tests and final examination, meeting set timelines.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress, including assignment and test grades.
- Provide continuous, timely feedback and guidance to students and/or parents regarding course performance and development areas.
- Complete student records, documentation and reports for the School, such as student attendance, quiz and exam results.
- Collaborate and communicate with all staff and supervisors on initiatives related to school curriculum, organization or administration.
- Participate in department, school and/or parent meetings.
- May be requested to provide supply teaching for other courses.
Education and Experience
- A degree in Education or Teaching Designation in progress, or specialization in a related discipline
- 1 year teaching or tutoring experience
- Deep knowledge of subject area
Skills and Abilities
- Expert communication skills (written and verbal)
- Superior listening skills
- Excellent preparation, organization and presentation skills
- Strong time management skills to meet daily and weekly deliverables
- Classroom management skills
Behaviours and Standards
- Build respectful and caring relationships with students
- Deliver course curriculum creatively and appropriate for the students, to achieve lesson objectives
- Create an engaging, interactive learning environment which motivates students to high performance and promotes retention
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times with stakeholders (students, parents, colleagues, supervisors, etc.).
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with school leaders, colleagues and parents, to provide feedback, suggestions for course curriculum and school processes, share best practices and seek new ideas
- Attend work regularly and on-time
- Work independently
Note:all employees must provide an original, current (issued within the last six months) Police Vulnerable Sector Check from the police jurisdiction in which they reside, as a condition of hire and continued employment.
The Teacher reports to the Supervisor. There are no direct reports for this position.
The Teacher works in a classroom setting inside the School. Instruction tools may include whiteboard, chalkboard and, projector, as required.
The noise level is usually quiet to moderate, arising from student discussions in-class and from nearby classrooms.
Hours of work vary based on course schedule and can include evenings and weekends for instruction and/or grading assignments and preparation work.
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described in this job description are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
If you think you meet the above requirements and would like to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your cover letter and your availability.