March 6, 2020
Dear Students, Parents and Guardians,
At STS, we take our staff and students’ personal health and safety very seriously. You may have some concerns about the coronavirus (COVID-19), and we wanted to put your mind at ease that we are actively monitoring the situation and taking necessary precautions to make sure we provide a healthy learning environment.
Here are what we are doing to keep STS common areas and classrooms clean and safe:
- We have advised our staff, students, parents/guardians and visitors who have recently returned from China, Iran, South Korea, Italy, Japan, Thailand and the USA to not visit us for at least 14 days to ensure they have no respiratory signs and symptoms.
- We have provided hand sanitizer wipes in each classroom and hand sanitizers in all common areas.
- We frequently remind all staff and students to wash their hands often with soap and water.
- We disinfect our desks and high touch surfaces on a daily basis.
- We ask any staff, student and teacher to stay home if they are ill.
To learn more about STS hygiene and sanitizing precautions click here.
While the virus is not currently circulating locally and the risk to residents in the GTA and York Region remains low, we should all work together to promote a safe and healthy community. Here are some simple but powerful tips to do so:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze with a tissue.
- If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough in your sleeve.
- Seek medical care if you develop respiratory symptoms.
- Stay at home when you are sick.
Stay informed about COVID-19 by reviewing credible sources of information such as:
We are committed to making our campuses a safe, clean and healthy learning environment. We will continue to update you as the situation develops. Thank you for your continuous support.